Erfahrungen mit dem Modul

Disclaimer: Dieser Thread wurde aus dem alten Forum importiert. Daher werden eventuell nicht alle Formatierungen richtig angezeigt. Der ursprüngliche Thread beginnt im zweiten Post dieses Threads.

I’ll be happy to answer any questions you might have. Right now, sign-ups look good, 50+ students.

Bump.

We posted the evaluations on the usual place

https://oss.cs.fau.de/teaching/specific/saki/

We took quite a beating %-/ but with only few students speaking up. We ran our own informal poll about what to improve (which homework worked and which didn’t) and got significantly more feedback.

I liked the combination Google Colab Notebook / Jypiter Notebook and Studon Test alot. The pre-structured notebooks provided a very good starting point for getting into the task. Last Homework was very unstructured and the teacher did not provide background, what the goal of this task is about.

The last exercise was very confusing, as the problem statement was very unclear and I struggled to finish this one. I would suggest to make it more precise what we have to do. I loved the guest talks!

I find HW4 quite difficult, it would be better if we would have got an “basic strucutre” (Grundgerüst) to begin with.

1. good exercise to get started
  2. interesting exercise but quite extensive with 4 notebooks
  3. very good exercise about interesting topic
  4. not good, unclear task, badly described, not clear what to do.

Leider die Evaluation verpennt, deshalb hier. Grundsätzlich fand ich die Idee Kurs. Leider war es - wie so oft an der FAU - super lieblos. Mir ist natürlich klar das bei Kursplattformen wie Udacity ein anders finanzielle Budget steht aber ich finde man könnte sie hier durchaus inspirieren lassen wie ein Kurs aussieht in dem man etwas lernt. Und nur weil das Format schön aufbereitet ist heißt das nicht dass man (a) nichts lernt oder (b) es zu leicht wäre. Fand es teils schwerer als die HW in SAKI aber dafür deutlich Sinnvoller und vor allem State of the Art. Fand z.B. die letzte Aufgabe einfach nur sinn befreit. Wenn wieder in dem Format dann bitte doch die Studenten selbst die Frameworks und Methoden wählen lassen und sich über creative Beiträge freuen. Last but not least, wenn zu viele Studenten dabei sind und deshalb der Kurs schlechter wird dann doch bitte beschränken. Macht einfach keinen Spaß mehr, weil jeder Kurs nur noch eine Massenabfertigung ist.

Für die erste Exercise gab es eine Übung von Reza, danach nicht mehr. Schade! Mir als IIS Student hätte es sehr weitergeholfen, da ich mich so sehr viel mit Grundlagen beschäftigen musste. Ich denke 70% der gesamten Zeit habe ich Dataframes debugged statt etwas über KI zu lernen

HW1 - HW3 were great, but HW4 was mixed. To be honest the lecturer (Wickert) did not give the impression that he knew what he was doing.
All in all I enjoyed SAKI, especially the industry talks of Stadelmann & Rende (DATEV), adesso (not Wickert but the other) and Mikio Braun and Loutzenhiser & Pinzinger

What would also be great would be solution approaches in the session after submission. Of course, no code, but simply discuss an approach again to achieve a maximum learning effect.

• I preferred the homework where we were allowed to implement our own stuff, this way students engage more with the course contents
  • all in all this was sufficiently hard
  • I really like the format
  • I suggest you look at a couple of solutions during the semester to spot some common mistakes and give hints to the students
  • the forum needs better monitoring and better answers, hire more staff, there should be a budget for such a large class
  • i don’t see why we should not get immediate feedback from the multiple choice tasks
  • i’d like to know how other students solve problems and present their results, this could be an extremly valueable exchange of ideas / perspectives

Excellent course. Hope the assignments get better during the course of time. I personally liked the format for #2 and #3 assignments, which required a particular structure to be followed and then answer the questions based on the output of the code. For the #1 and #4 assignments, it was not sure where to stop. I felt like at one point will this evaluation be enough or should I do more! As writing code from scratch is easier than understanding the written code and then complete the blocks. The latter way is more effective to read and understand the code in terms of skill. Writing from scratch can be done easily by checking some references in the internet. I think this would be a thinking point for the future. Nevertheless, The course is stress free and exactly designed for the learning purpose. Kudos to the professor as well as the entire team!

For me and everyone i talked to, the connection between the stated problem and the proposed way of solving it was very confusing in HW4. The other homeworks did not have this issue and provided more guidance.

Make instructions more clear, rest was good!

2 „Gefällt mir“

Kriegt man alles gebacken auch ohne großes Vorwissen, dann ist es halt mehr Aufwand.
Man sollte sich auf jeden Fall mit Kommilitonen zusammentun, damit man schnelle Ansprechpartner hat wenn was nicht klappt oder unklar ist, weil das wird es, außer man ist voll der Checker.
Die vier Hausaufgaben halten einen schon gut beschäftigt, aber dafür spart man sich am Ende das lernen auf eine Prüfung.
Die Vorträge aus der Industrie sind auch cool und man kriegt Einblicke was alles so geht mit KI-Algorithmen, Zeit für Fragen an die Profis war auch immer da.

Die Kritik im Post über mir ist auf jeden Fall angebracht, aber ich würde das Modul trotzdem jedem empfehlen, der mehr Praktisches machen will und im Semester die Zeit dafür hat.

Hört sich gut an. @Prof. Riehle: Werden Sie voraussichtlich SaKi im SS22 wieder anbieten?

Kann ich Ihnen leider nicht sagen. Wir hatten einmal ausgesetzt, da dieser Kurs schwierig zu organisieren ist. Auf dem Plan ist er, aber Pläne ändern sich, schauen Sie also im März wieder rein.

Laufen die Planungen für Saki im Winter schon? Oder wird das in meinem Masterstudium eher nichts mehr?

Wir haben SAKI auf unbestimmt verschoben, was vermutlich bedeutet, dass wir es nicht mehr halten werden. Wir entsprechen damit unseren Kollegen, welche bereits zuviel ML Vorlesungen im Studium sehen. Wir werden uns auf unsere Kern-Software-Engineering Lehre konzentrieren. Es tut mir leid, Ihnen keine bessere Antwort gegen zu koennen. Schoene Gruesse, Dirk Riehle

1 „Gefällt mir“