Feedback on the Online Session (PROD-VUE)

Disclaimer: Dieser Thread wurde aus dem alten Forum importiert. Daher werden eventuell nicht alle Formatierungen richtig angezeigt. Der ursprüngliche Thread beginnt im zweiten Post dieses Threads.

Feedback on the Online Session (PROD-VUE)
Hi all,

The online offering of the lecture worked well.
Main points that can be improved:
1.Connected/disconnected event messages keep popping in the chat panel. It is distracting + it buries other potentially more important chat messages.
2.Prof. Riehle may need to check that everybody has the audio working before going through the slides. I opened the conference nearly at 10:05. However, I missed some minutes because of an audio problem. (It seems that if you don’t allow microphone and camera, you don’t receive audio output from the website)

Other than that, it was interesting and to the point.

Thanks and Regards,
Shady

Hi!

I had no technical issues, quality was very good (even better than sitting in the mid of the lecture room at a “face-to-face” lecture).

Two ideas that might or might not be considered in the future:

1. Before opening the session, play a some background audio (i.e. music, a youtube clip or whatever) in order to provide a “sound check” possibility for the audience. Participants could check that their infrastructure is working before the presentation starts.
  2. When asking for questions, tell people to write a short key word (i.e. “question”) as an “announcement” and the question itself in a second message. So we do not need to wait 30 seconds to see whether somebody will submit a question.

In overall, I like this idea of online conference lecture, I can ask questions and have more contribution to the lecture more than offline lectures.