Homework assignments --> automatically registered for exam?

Disclaimer: Dieser Thread wurde aus dem alten Forum importiert. Daher werden eventuell nicht alle Formatierungen richtig angezeigt. Der ursprüngliche Thread beginnt im zweiten Post dieses Threads.

Homework assignments → automatically registered for exam?
Hi,

I have a question about the homework assignments. If I hand in some (or all) of the assignments - will I get automatically registered for the final exam? Reason for my question: I would like to do the homework. But I am currently not 100% sure if I want to go to the final exam and get a grade.

So would I have to manually unregister from the exam in this case? Or is it vice versa (that one has to actively sign up for the exam)? I just want to make sure I don’t accidentally fail this module :wink:

Inofficial student answer (not affiliated with AI at all):

It is unheard of that lecturers register you for an exam without explicit consent. Off the top of my head, these are the only ways to become registered for an exam: (i) do it yourself on Mein Campus, (ii) contact the Prüfungsamt ¶, (iii) write the lecturer to contact the PA on your behalf, (iv) fail an exam and get auto-registered for the next one.

1 „Gefällt mir“

thanks to Marcel for the quick answer.
He is exactly right. Homeworks and and exam registration are independent. And you have to register yourself.

1 „Gefällt mir“

Perfect, thanks to both of you for the explanation! :slight_smile:

Hello,

I have a question that is based on creative_name’s question:
I am not shure about taking the exam but want to participate on the course and the exercices this semester. Are the bonus points of the exercices still available next year, if i then decide to take the exam or do I have to attend the exercices again?

You can always take the retake exam in February. For that the exercises are still valid. For the year after not.

Isn’t the retake exam in July/August and in February is the regular one?

Thank you for the answer.