License Scan

Homework

Disclaimer: Dieser Thread wurde aus dem alten Forum importiert. Daher werden eventuell nicht alle Formatierungen richtig angezeigt. Der ursprüngliche Thread beginnt im zweiten Post dieses Threads.

License Scan
I don’t find any registration in crowd grader for the coming homework in the course schedule (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1R_6Zunv7QPl7AqNl_M9bgvQ0gfWVp95ztJY4EOw-uto/edit#gid=459175772)

Further there is also no mention of any cohort information in this doc: https://goo.gl/f9tmhR

BTW, when is the due date of that homework?

Best regards!

We will give you the details of the homework assignment later today. --Cheers, Nick

The assignment states, that we should Create a license scanning report.
Fossology however offers multiple types of reports/summaries.

Are we supposed to generate a Unified Report (docx) which we convert to a PDF file afterwards or does the assignment require a different type of report to be submitted?

Best regards,
insomnia

We want a license scan and its results. Details are left to you, please consider the introduction from last class.

Export to SPDX after manual review of license critical results possible?
In the guest talk the speaker could export his report to e.g. SPDX format. I tried to do this as well after I manually had a look over all critical passages offered by Fossology and decided whether they are license relevant. Unfortunately, it is not possible to print my results to a report. Could you image why this is not possible? I have already used Google and could not figure out why the problem occurs.

My workflow was the following:

• uploading the git versioncontrol files via the repo url
  • running nomos and the other scanners
  • click on the uploaded projects title in section “browse” and then manually checking the found license results and excluding unimportant results
  • select the uploaded projects title in section “browse” and choose “export to spdx” from the dropdown menu

I would be thankful for an ansser!

1 „Gefällt mir“

Hi, I don’t know either, but I’d try the FOSSology community if you don’t get help here. --Dirk