The Chair of Technical Information Systems at the Friedrich-Alexander-Universität Erlangen-Nürnberg was founded in 2018 and closely cooperates with the Fraunhofer Institute for Integrated Circuits IIS. We are a research group focusing on semantic technologies to bring information and communication technologies of the future into today’s world.
We are looking for a highly motivated PhD student to join our research team in the areas of knowledge graphs, (Social) Linked Data and decentralised information systems. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work on cutting-edge research projects and contribute to the development of new technologies in these fields.
- Conduct independent research in knowledge graphs, (Social) Linked Data and decentralised information systems
- Collaborate with other members of the research team and external partners
- Publish research findings in top-tier conferences and journals
- Contribute to the development of new technologies and products
- A Master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Artificial Intelligence or a related field
- Strong background in knowledge graphs, (Social) Linked Data and decentralised information systems
- Basic knowledge in data modelling with RDF and querying with SPARQL
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A passion for research and a drive to make a difference in the field
This is a full-time position with a competitive salary and benefits package. To apply, please submit your CV, a cover letter outlining your qualifications and research interests and copies of transcripts. Please send all in one PDF file to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For informal inquiries about the position you may contact Andreas Harth.