Questions about the videos and slides

Disclaimer: Dieser Thread wurde aus dem alten Forum importiert. Daher werden eventuell nicht alle Formatierungen richtig angezeigt. Der ursprüngliche Thread beginnt im zweiten Post dieses Threads.

Questions about the videos and slides
Hi,

so the plans have changed and we shall create a video for Demo Day. A couple of questions about this:

1. When are they due? July 15th, or July 22nd? (On A02, slide 22, it says due in CW 13. That is next week.)

2. How will they be presented? Through Zoom?

3. (If presented through Zoom or similar) Should we include sound? And can we expect a high frame rate? (So: Can we expect that animations run fluently, or should it rather be a slideshow?)

4. If we use any sounds, pictures or templates from other sources - are CC0 or MIT licenses (or similar) ok?

5. In H01 on slide 4 it says “Students provide back-up video”. So does it mean that, it we are sure that our demo will work, we don’t need to create the video at all?

6. Is 3 minutes the upper or lower limit for the duration of the video?

7. Are there any requirements regarding the resolution?

I also have some questions about the slides.

1. When are they due? In the email, it says “you got an additional week for this”. Does it mean that they are due on July 22nd, or does it mean that we, from now on, got one week to finish them?

2. In H01 on slide 4 it says that we should create one Product Management slide and one Software Dev slide. On slide 3 it says “One slide presentation by each team”. So does it mean that, in total , there will be 3 slides (so 3 “pages”)? One for the presentation in plenum, one for Product Management and one for Software Development?

3. Did I understand it correctly that the Product Management and Software Dev slides basically replace the posters? So may they include as many information as you would usually put into one poster?

4. In A02, page 22, it says that the AMOS demo day slide should include the project goal, logo, etc. Is this the slide that will be shown in plenum?

Regarding the presentation in plenum: How much time do we have to present our app? Only one minute?

I know, I know. Quite a lot of questions. But these are really important things that aren’t completely clear to me/us.

1 „Gefällt mir“

Hi creative_name,

I am so sorry for not replying earlier. I somehow thought I had already answered - but I didn’t :slight_smile:

Regarding your questions:

We moved the deadline to Sunday, July 19th.

Yes. We intend to send you detailed information next week.

In my experience from prior workshops and conferences: Sound and good frame rates work fine with a good household-grade internet connection. You all have a background in computer science, engineering, information systems: Please make reasonable assumptions and preparations (e.g. if you know that your internet sometimes dies, have a second team member as back up etc.)

For all material you use from third parties, please oblige with its licenses and the license obligations. We don’t give any specific additional guideline at this point in time.

My suggestion is: Show the video as part of your demo in any case. Then, you can do additional manual demoing.

Both. Please aim for 3 minutes (+/- 20sec).

Please use a resolution you deem reasonable. In the past, when preparing for virtual conferences, I often used relatively low resolutions (e.g. 1920 x 1080) because I didn’t want to diminish the viewing experience for those viewers with lower bandwidth.

Please prepare one slide about your project and send this slide to us latest July 19th.

Correct.

1 „Gefällt mir“

Thanks, that helps a lot! :slight_smile:

I received some comments and see now that my statement (quoted here) might have led to some confusion. So, please allow me to elaborate:

1. We ask you to provide one overview slide. This is the slide you will talk about for 60 sec (see above). It should give a concise and interesting teaser to the audience - it is your chance to lure people into one of your demo sessions.

2. In addition, we ask you to provide the video (see above).

3. You will not have to provide posters this time. However, to visually support the discussion during your demo sessions, please have some materials ready. The easiest (see slide deck H01) is to prepare two additional slides (one on product management, one on tech & architecture). But feel free to go beyond that and wow your audience with something else…