The Fraunhofer-Gesellschaft (www.fraunhofer.com) currently operates 76 institutes and research institutions throughout Germany and is the world’s leading applied research organization. Around 30 000 employees work with an annual research budget of 2.9 billion euros.
Are you keen on satellite navigation and developing embedded system software?
Then feel free to have a look at our offer!
The department »Satellite Based Positioning Systems« focuses on the development of receiver components and systems for satellite-based localization using Global Navigation Satellite Systems – GNSS, i.e. GPS or Galileo and their upcoming improvements. Based on these receiver technologies, we develop innovative solutions and help the industry to bring new products into the market that secure time and position information in new energy and communication networks, thus promoting the energy transition as well as Germany’s pioneering role.
What you will do
You develop server-based technologies for secure environments and a new type of secure, satellite-based positioning application as a part of a German national team. By addressing different applications, demands, and new potential products in the market, you will contribute to defining system requirements, including feedback on limitations and feasibility, and carrying out engineering activities to make the secure timing and positioning application work for the customer.
What you bring to the table
• Degree in engineering or computer science, medical science, mathematics or comparable education
• Extensive expertise in programming in C/C++ and Python
• Sound knowledge of server-client-implementations and parallel/distributed processing on embedded systems
• Know-how in the aspects of software engineering, from requirements definition to system architecture, implementation and testing
• Knowledge in cryptography, satellite navigation area, digital signal processing, VHDL is advantageous
• EU citizenship facilitates involvement in all types of projects
• Good communication skills in English, German is a plus
What you can expect
Fraunhofer is not only the largest organization for applied research in Europe, but also a top-rated employer. How so?
• Our institute culture: We want our colleagues to feel comfortable. Therefore, we constantly strive to ensure a friendly and supportive working atmosphere within our international team.
• Exciting activities: With customers and partners across the globe, we provide an attractive working environment in a highly innovative key industry with exciting ventures and new experiences.
• Room for creativity: We want to give our colleagues a generous amount of creative freedom, so that they can contribute and develop their own ideas.
• Personal development: With top-of-the-range company equipment and regular training, we aim to provide the best possible working conditions and development opportunities for our colleagues.
• Flexible working hours: Due to our wide range of offers, we make it easy for our colleagues to find a comfortable balance between their private and professional lives.
The position is initially limited to 2 years with the aim to extend it subsequently. The weekly working time is 39 hours.
The position can also be filled on a part-time basis with a preference, however, to have it filled as close to a full-time position as possible. We value and promote the diversity of our employees’ skills and therefore welcome all applications - regardless of age, gender, nationality, ethnic and social origin, religion, ideology, disability, sexual orientation and identity. Appointment, remuneration and social security benefits based on the public-sector collective wage agreement (TVöD).
With its focus on developing key technologies that are vital for the future and enabling the commercial utilization of this work by business and industry, Fraunhofer plays a central role in the innovation process. As a pioneer and catalyst for groundbreaking developments and scientific excellence, Fraunhofer helps shape society now and in the future.
Apply online now. Please include a cover letter, your CV and your latest transcripts of records (as PDF). We look forward to getting to know you!
Important: Please do not forget to click on the »Apply« button after »Save«. Otherwise, your application will not reach us.
Fraunhofer Institute for Integrated Circuits IIS
Requisition Number: 64031