The Chair of Technical Information Systems conducts research around the Semantic Web and Knowledge Graphs in close collaboration with the Fraunhofer department of Data Spaces and Internet of Things Solutions. We are looking for a student assistant to support our course “Foundations of Linked Data” in the upcoming summer semester 2023. The student assistant will provide assistance for the lecture including tasks such as setting up audio and camera equipment, assisting with administrative tasks, and ensuring a smooth delivery of the lecture.
Administrating and maintaining the StudOn instance of “Foundations of Linked Data”
Assisting with the preparation of the lecture materials such as Powerpoint slides
Setting up the technical equipment (microphones, projector …) during the course’s plenary session
Support exercise sessions, if the student has passed the Foundation of Linked Data exam
Optional: creating and editing the course’s exercise sheets in LaTeX
Optional: creating and refining supplementary materials like software (e.g., FLD QuizHelper) or authoring videos
- You must be enrolled at the FAU during the summer semester 2023
- Very good English communication skills (verbal and written)
- Proficiency in using Windows OS and Microsoft Office software, particularly Powerpoint.
- Successfully passed the Foundation of Linked Data exam
- Experience with script languages like LaTeX, or Python
- Starting date: Summer Semester 2023
- Hour per week: 8-12 hours
Please send your application (a short CV and a transcript of records) to email@example.com if you are interested.