The Fraunhofer-Gesellschaft (www.fraunhofer.com) currently operates 76 institutes and research institutions throughout Germany and is the world’s leading applied research organization. Around 30 000 employees work with an annual research budget of 2.9 billion euros.
Fraunhofer IIS has a long-standing expertise in the design, definition and development of dedicated wireless communication and localization systems, particularly in the areas of mobile communication, automotive, broadcasting, satellite communication, industrial and logistics applications, as well as in IoT. Our team is currently working on the implementation of vehicle cellular communication in a simulation environment for the purpose of validating wireless technologies and optimizing resource allocation for remote driving vehicles.
Particularly in the areas of implementation of Car-2-Car use cases and platform testing we are looking for students with programming skills and experience to support us in these challenging tasks.
What you will do
You will work on the implementation of the 5G / 6G functionalities in a C-V2X System Level Simulator, Channel Modelling and AI-based Optimization of the 5G / 6G Networks.
What you bring to the table
- You are currently studying computer science or electrical engineering and have experience with software development.
- You are already experienced in programming in C++ or a comparable computer language.
- You have an understanding of mobile communication systems.
- You have ideally participated in or contributed to open-source activities.
- You pursue an independent, structured and conscientious way of working.
- You are highly motivated to learn, work on complex tasks and you use creativity for solving problems.
- You enjoy working within a team and a collaborative work style suits you.
- You have very good English communication skills.
What you can expect
- Flexible working hours
- Open and friendly team work
- Varied tasks with room for creativity
- Exciting seminars and events
- Networking with scientists
- Active contribution in applied research
- Interesting and innovative projects
Weekly working hours are determined by agreement. You can start from now on (as a student assistant from 10 to 20 hours a week or as an intern for a period of at least three months). You can reduce your hours before exams and increase them during semester breaks. You can flexibly determine the working days. After your employment as student assistant, you have the option of working with us for a master thesis.
We would be happy to offer you the opportunity to write a bachelor’s or master’s thesis in cooperation with us in the above-mentioned subject area. The thesis will be assigned and carried out in accordance with the rules of your university. For this reason, please discuss the thesis with a professor who can advise you over the course of the project.
We value and promote the diversity of our employees’ skills and therefore welcome all applications - regardless of age, gender, nationality, ethnic and social origin, religion, ideology, disability, sexual orientation and identity.
Interested? Apply online now (PDF: Cover letter, CV, certificates). We look forward to getting to know you!
Fraunhofer Institute for Integrated Circuits IIS
Requisition Number: 63689
Application Deadline: -