Summer Internship Program in Cluj (Romania)
If a dynamic, professional and brilliant team is what you are looking for, then Riverbed is the place for you
Our goal is to make it easy for you, as a future intern, to navigate through the various tasks and activities it takes to acclimate and get up to speed in a new company or role.
Riverbed is a market leader recognized for delivering solutions that work as advertised. We pioneered WAN Optimization with SteelHead and have led the market we created for all of the past 12 years. Today, we have over 28,000 customers, including 97% of the Fortune 100 and 98% of the Forbes Global 100. With the Riverbed Application Performance Platform, we provide integrated solutions for the interrelated challenges of hybrid enterprises in the cloud era. Our solutions for SD-WAN, for visibility across the hybrid enterprise, and for software-defining the edge enable companies to deploy and manage network services, applications, monitoring capabilities, and branch IT as intuitively as downloading apps onto your smart phone and as instantly as spinning up compute and storage resources into a public cloud.
Riverbed is a pre-IPO opportunity with over $1 billion in revenue headquartered in San Francisco with branch offices around the globe
About this Position:
Riverbed offers internships for graduating Software Development and Quality Engineers who have:
• (Or are pursuing) a BS/MS/PhD in CS, EE, Mathematics, or Physics (or can show equivalent skill)
• A strong, working knowledge of C/C++ and shell script development on UNIX/Linux
• Familiarity with of one or more scripting languages (Python, Perl, and shell scripting)
• A working knowledge of Unix-based OS (file systems, networking, and kernel internals)
• Creative problem-solving skills
• No fear of crazy-fast success.
• A chance to work on things that interest you whether or not they’re applicable to the company’s products or processes.
• An opportunity to gain experience organizing a group, and formulating a plan to implement your idea.
• Learn something new by volunteering to work on a project you’re interested in but know little about. (You’ll receive some initial training to get you started).
• Make new friends by working with people from other engineering teams and backgrounds.
• Lunches are provided during Hackathon week, as are Engineering Resources like lab equipment, conference rooms, software, etc.
Why Riverbed Technology
• A ready-made avenue for any engineer to innovate toward a new product or feature. You can bypass traditional processes where only high-level architects or product managers can influence products, giving you a forum where your ideas can be heard and considered.
• Supports engineers learning how to evaluate the business aspects of product and feature decisions. If you ever dream of someday starting your own company, this is a must-have skill.
• Finalists are supported with budget and company resources (engineers, tools, processes, equipment and software) to develop a prototype. Normally one would have to fight against organizational resistance to get ideas heard, and probably build a prototype on one’s own without company support, but not at Riverbed. We encourage personal development and career growth.
Learn more at www.riverbed.com.