Team Assignment Discussion

Disclaimer: Dieser Thread wurde aus dem alten Forum importiert. Daher werden eventuell nicht alle Formatierungen richtig angezeigt. Der ursprüngliche Thread beginnt im zweiten Post dieses Threads.

Team Assignment Discussion
Hello everyone,

the preliminary team assignments have been made, see StudOn.

If you see a mistake, in particular if I put you into the wrong role, please let me know ASAP.

If you are name is not on that spreadsheet, you don’t have a slot in the course yet. The reason for this is the 2 PO + 3 SD rule of team formation (and too many Product Owners). This may still all be resolved because only about 3/4 of you responded to the information requests I made.

Here are your options.

1. If you are happy, don’t do anything.

2. If you chose product owner but could also be a software developer, please consider switching. The software developer role can be taken as a 10 ECTS Project and also as 10 ECTS Vorlesung + Uebung. If you want to switch, you’ll have to take one of the open positions in project 2, 4, or 7 right now.

3. I only accept change requests if they rotate people around. I.e. if you want to go from project A to B you need to have someone willing to go from B to A. Multi-position rotations are fine as well. Please use forums like https://fsi.informatik.uni-erlangen.de/forum/130-Professur-fuer-Open-Source-Software to organize yourself.

4. Pull in friends as software developers. The more software developers, the more product owner roles will open up. We first have to fill the missing SD roles and after that I’ll open up the Bosch Security tool project.

Once the dust has settled, I’ll introduce the industry partners to you.

Come Wed first week of semester, we’ll look at this again.

To get an idea of the course, if you haven’t done so yet, please look at the slides on StudOn.

Best regards,
Dirk Riehle