CW 10 - "Review 5 submissions of your peers on Crowdgrader"

Disclaimer: Dieser Thread wurde aus dem alten Forum importiert. Daher werden eventuell nicht alle Formatierungen richtig angezeigt. Der ursprüngliche Thread beginnt im zweiten Post dieses Threads.

CW 10 - “Review 5 submissions of your peers on Crowdgrader”
Hello guys,

In the lecture slides “NYT - coding exercise SS17” is stated following:
“Review 5 submissions of your peers on Crowdgrader”

I am guessing that this is wrong and due for CW 11?

Have a nice evening!

You are correct.
The reviews are obviously not due the same day as the submission. The slides are a bit misleading in having the reviews in the same bullet list as the requirements for the submission - thanks for pointing that out.

1 „Gefällt mir“

Dear Andreas,

For cw10 homework, the instruction is to prepare a max. 2-page paper on the research question of “what are the best practices of user experience design on software product lines?” and submit on crowdgrader

Firstly, I could not see any crowdgrader link for cw10 submission. Could you please check if it’s missing or if we should submit the cw10 homework paper on some other link (i.e. studon) ?

Secondly, I will be happy if you could explain a little bit more the expectation on the 2-page cw10 submission. During the 6 interviews, many best practices are mentioned. Should we just state in our submission which practices we personally believe would be the best ones or are we supposed to mention all of them? Should we mention best practices for each coding concept under the categories of implementation and management? I guess there can be no best practice for the definitions (maybe just except for requirement engineering). Is there a specific format or expectation?

Kind Regards
Gözde

Dear Gözde

Thanks for the post.

I answered some of your questions already in other forum threads - https://fsi.cs.fau.de/forum/thread/14880-CW10-Homework-clarification and https://fsi.cs.fau.de/forum/thread/14879-Crowdgrader-link-for-homework-CW10

You are really flexible with the conclusions. There is no specific format or question limitation. After reading and coding the interviews, you should identify a question you want to focus on (for example a specific best practice, a set of practices or another aspect of UX design). Then you should use your codings to support your answer and try give an abstract solution to your question.

Hope this helps.

Cheers, Nick

Dear Nick,

Thank you for the clarifications.

From you explanations, I conclude that we are also not confined to a best practice for just one concept but we can also mention in our submission some best practices on selected multiple coding concepts. Just as an example someone just can prepare a submission on best practices in software product lines, prototyping, internal collaboration management and documentation. Is my conclusion correct?

Also could you also please clarify if we are supposed to write our own thoughts on whether we agree or not with these best practices or our own idea of a potential best practice or are we rather supposed to restate and rephrase the best practices mentioned in the interviews?

Cheers,
Gözde