Homework CW 9-10: FLOSS leadership (defenition, criteria)

Cohort 2

Disclaimer: Dieser Thread wurde aus dem alten Forum importiert. Daher werden eventuell nicht alle Formatierungen richtig angezeigt. Der ursprüngliche Thread beginnt im zweiten Post dieses Threads.

Homework CW 9-10: FLOSS leadership (defenition, criteria)
Dear all,

I have following questions and will highly appreciate your support:

(1)

could you help please with clarifying of the definition of “FLOSS leadership” - how do you understand it, what are indicators of FLOSS leadership (invested costs by a company in a FLOSS project, number of employees in a FLOSS project involved or something else).

I ask for it because, as I may see on CrowdGrader, a lot of submissions to review are Literature summaries of FLOSS participation and its success stories; however, not success stories of FLOSS Leadership.

In my opinion, there are two problems here appear:
a) lack the “FLOSS leadership” definition and its criteria;
b) used sources also do not have such a definition (I looked through this sources). In other words, used sources in reviews homework’s do not
have direct statement «Commercial company XXX had a leadership role in YYY FLOSS project”.

(2)

Currently I am working on homework CW10 and I face the same problem - what is the definition of FLOSS leadership and its criteria, are we allowed to take any assumption what is it or such a definition was (if I missed) offered by the chair.
At the moment, I am reviewing Best practices and I see that there are number of best practices, but so far I did not see any statement of “FLOSS leadership”, but instead as an example “the $1 bilion Acquisition of open source company MySQL AB by Sun Microsystems…” or “IBM invested into Linux 1 billon US$…”

Thank you in advance and have a good evening!
Marina