The »Audio and Media Technologies« division of Fraunhofer IIS, Erlangen, constitutes one of the world’s largest organizations dedicated to audio, speech and media processing. It has been an innovator in sound and vision for over 25 years and repeatedly won international competitions in the audio and media field: e.g. with mp3 and codecs of the AAC-family. Over 200 engineers and scientists develop first-rate technology, which is sold world-wide.
In recent years, Fraunhofer IIS has been involved in standardizing advanced speech processing algorithms, such as next- generation speech coding for communication. As we are always looking for ways to improve our solutions, we are seeking master’s thesis students to investigate how our speech processing tools could benefit from recent advancements in deep learning.
What you will do
- Interface Deep Neural Networks with existing speech processing tools
- Experiment with different network topologies
- Document and analyze the results
What you bring to the table
- Good knowledge in Machine Learning and especially in Deep Learning
- Background in Digital Speech or Audio Processing
- Experience in Python programming
- Self-motivated working, focused and analytical skills
- Experience in Pytorch and C programming is a plus
What you can expect
- Flexible working hours
- Open and friendly team work
- Varied tasks with room for creativity
- Exciting seminars and events
- Networking with scientists
- Active contribution in applied research
- Interesting and innovative projects
For FAU students: The thesis can be supervised by Prof. Dr. Bernd Edler.
For external students: The topic will be assigned and carried out in accordance with the rules of your university. For this reason, please discuss the topic with a professor who can advise you over the course of the project.
If you have any questions about this opening, please contact: Guillaume Fuchs (email@example.com)
We value and promote the diversity of our employees’ skills and therefore welcome all applications - regardless of age, gender, nationality, ethnic and social origin, religion, ideology, disability, sexual orientation and identity.
Apply online now (PDF: cover letter, CV, transcripts). We look forward to getting to know you!
Fraunhofer-Institute for Integrated Circuits IIS
Requisition Number: 1383327 Application Deadline: none Location: Erlangen