On the topic of rating reviews

Disclaimer: Dieser Thread wurde aus dem alten Forum importiert. Daher werden eventuell nicht alle Formatierungen richtig angezeigt. Der ursprüngliche Thread beginnt im zweiten Post dieses Threads.

On the topic of rating reviews
I’d like to know if (and if so, how) the ratings of reviews are going to affect the grade. Crowdgrader seems to imply this by stating that the feedback on reviews makes up 25% of the score, but I couldn’t find anything in the lecture slides about it.

The situation at hand is this: One of the summaries I had to review was average at best (concerning the content) while being written in abysmal English, which often interfered with the understanding of points the author was trying to make. I wrote a review consisting of 5 bullet points and scored it 5.5. Today I looked at the other reviews the author recieved and how he rated them. One of the other reviews also gave a lower score, but, like mine, contained actual topical criticism of what wasn’t good and what could’ve been done better. The other three reviews are a single line of text, contain nothing of information or value, but give the author a high score. The author rated those three very unhelpful reviews 4-5 stars, while giving those two reviews that actually attempted to help the author one star.

After seeing this, I’m really not sure if it is worth the effort to properly review the summaries of other students, if giving a high score without any explanation actually gets you better scores.

There has been another discussion about crowdgrader in th NYT subforum, you may wanna read.

https://fsi.cs.fau.de/forum/thread/13077-Remove-the-rating-system-for-reviews