Disclaimer: Dieser Thread wurde aus dem alten Forum importiert. Daher werden eventuell nicht alle Formatierungen richtig angezeigt. Der ursprüngliche Thread beginnt im zweiten Post dieses Threads.
Software Developer – Digital Cinema, Broadcast and Streaming
The Fraunhofer-Gesellschaft (www.fraunhofer.com) currently operates 76 institutes and research institutions throughout Germany and is the world’s leading applied research organization. Around 30 000 employees work with an annual research budget of 2.9 billion euros.
The department of Moving Picture Technologies at the Erlangen site develops new technologies for film and television production with the aim of opening up new opportunities for film producers and performers in the areas of multimedia design and narrative, and optimizing film production processes. We conduct research into new multimedia formats for use in professional film post-production, leading up to the point of cinema screening or transfer to streaming services.
What you will do
[b]Are you keen to help shape media production in the future?
Then we have the perfect job for you![/b]
As a Software Developer, you will plan, implement, test and document innovative, global software solutions in the areas of digital cinema, broadcast and streaming, and you will have a key role in structuring the development environment. You will automate deployment processes with the aid of CI/CD pipelines and develop solutions for high-performance applications, working in coordination with the product management team.
What you bring to the table
• University degree in media technology, computer science, mathematics, physics or a related subject
• Experience in software development and software design
• Interest in digital video signal processing and in film and television
• Willingness to learn the latest programming languages and APIs, such as C++20, Vulkan and Metal
• Ideally, knowledge of common editing software such as DaVinci Resolve and/or Adobe Premiere Pro
• Excellent spoken and written English
What you can expect
Fraunhofer is not only the largest organization for applied research in Europe, we are also a top-rated employer. But why?
• Top infrastructure at your workplace: With our state-of-the-art technologies, we develop solutions to meet the challenges of the present and future.
• Working in our dedicated teams, you will be given the freedom to express your own ideas and creativity.
• We value personal contact: Through our structured onboarding process, you easily become familiar with our institute and can extend your network successfully.
• We take your needs seriously: We support your work-life balance by offering flexible working hours and hybrid work.
• Your goals and interests are important to us: We offer ongoing professional and personal seminars, coaching as well as language courses.
The weekly working time is 39 hours. We value and promote the diversity of our employees’ skills and therefore welcome all applications - regardless of age, gender, nationality, ethnic and social origin, religion, ideology, disability, sexual orientation and identity. Severely disabled persons are given preference in the event of equal suitability. Appointment, remuneration and social security benefits based on the public-sector collective wage agreement (TVöD). Additionally Fraunhofer may grant performance-based variable remuneration components.
With its focus on developing key technologies that are vital for the future and enabling the commercial utilization of this work by business and industry, Fraunhofer plays a central role in the innovation process. As a pioneer and catalyst for groundbreaking developments and scientific excellence, Fraunhofer helps shape society now and in the future.
Interested? Apply online now (Cover letter, CV and references): https://jobs.fraunhofer.de/job/Erlangen-Software-Developer-Digital-Cinema%2C-Broadcast-and-Streaming-91058/848282601/. We look forward to getting to know you!
Important: Please do not forget to click on the »Apply«-button after clicking the »Save«-button, otherwise your application will not reach us.
Fraunhofer Institute for Integrated Circuits IIS
Requisition Number: 40202 Application Deadline: None Location: Erlangen