The Fraunhofer-Gesellschaft (www.fraunhofer.com) currently operates 76 institutes and research institutions throughout Germany and is the world’s leading applied research organization. Around 30 000 employees work with an annual research budget of 2.9 billion euros.
Providing high-speed internet anywhere and at any time – that’s the goal of mobile broadband communication. With the 5G and 6G generations of mobile communications, completely new functionalities and applications are now being added to several industries. These include the Internet of Things with its large number of wirelessly connected sensors and actuators. Through these industrial radio communications in real-time and with high reliability it is currently being transformed from wired to wireless. Mobile communication is thus becoming the universal network of networks. We develop the components and data transmission technologies that are required to make this crossover happen.
In our working group »Industrial Communications« we offer an exciting position in the edge of wireless technology.
You are interested in the field of standardization for WLAN and 6G and would like to develop further in the field of innovation management? Then have a look at our offer!
- You explore standards of WLAN (IEEE) and 5G/6G (3GPP)
- You analyze your research results, document them and provide recommendations
- You collaborate with the preparation of project presentations and toolbox materials
- You research literature on innovation management and keep up to date with the latest technology developments
- You are willing to conduct customer interviews and attend business trips if necessary
- You are currently studying electrical engineering, information- and communication technology, or a related field
- You are interested in the work of standard development organizations
- You work independently, self-motivated and structured
- You are committed to your ideas and can express them fluently in German and English
- You are a team player with strong analytical thinking and a willingness to learn new management skills
- Flexible working hours
- Open and friendly team work
- Varied tasks with room for creativity
- Exciting seminars and events
- Networking with scientists
- Active contribution in applied research
- Interesting an innovative projects
Weekly working hours are determined by agreement. You can start from now on (as a student assistant from 10 to 20 hours a week or as an intern for a period of at least three months ). You can reduce your hours before exams and increase them during semester breaks. You can flexibly determine the working days. After your studies, you have the option of working with us full or part time.
We would be happy to offer you the opportunity to write a master’s thesis in cooperation with us in the above-mentioned subject area. The thesis will be assigned and carried out in accordance with the rules of your university. For this reason, please discuss the thesis with a professor who can advise you over the course of the project.
We value and promote the diversity of our employees’ skills and therefore welcome all applications - regardless of age, gender, nationality, ethnic and social origin, religion, ideology, disability, sexual orientation and identity.
Apply online now (PDF: cover letter, CV, transcripts). We look forward to getting to know you!
Fraunhofer-Institute for Integrated Circuits IIS