The »Audio and Media Technologies« division of Fraunhofer IIS constitutes one of the world’s largest organizations dedicated to audio, speech and media processing. It has been an innovator in sound and vision for over 25 years and repeatedly won international competitions in the audio and media field: e.g. with mp3 and codecs of the AAC-family. Over 200 engineers and scientists develop first-rate technology, which is sold worldwide, in Europe, USA, China, Korea and Japan.
Development of speech and audio coding solutions requires consistent evaluation of our technologies and products. Your work will be focused on developing tools that help us make this process easier and more efficient. Join us and contribute to ensuring our developed technologies meet the high quality standards that we set ourselves.
Do you want to make a difference in the world of music and become a part of the largest team of experts in the world of audio and media technologies?
Then have a look at our offer!
What you will do
- You implement internal tools for statistical and graphical evaluation of listening experiments for our daily work
- You maintain the implemented software and make sure it is in good shape and available for users
- You write code in Python and set up software tests
What you bring to the table
- You are currently enrolled for a technical / scientific degree
- You have programming experience in Python (ideally with the tkinter and matplotlib packages)
- You are self-organized, communicative and open to learn new things
- You have basic knowledge of statistics
- You speak English fluently or German fluently and have good English skills
- You are familiar with software development tools like Git, IDEs and Debuggers
What you can expect
Gaining experience with developing and maintaining software
Flexible working hours
Open and friendly team work
Varied tasks with room for creativity
Exciting seminars and events
Networking with scientists
Active contribution in applied research
Interesting and innovative projects
Weekly working hours are determined by agreement. You can start from now on (as a student assistant from 10 to 20 hours a week). You can reduce your hours before exams and increase them during semester breaks. You can flexibly determine the working days in coordination with your supervisor.
We value and promote the diversity of our employees’ skills and therefore welcome all applications - regardless of age, gender, nationality, ethnic and social origin, religion, ideology, disability, sexual orientation and identity.
Apply online now (PDF: cover letter, CV, transcripts). We look forward to getting to know you!
Fraunhofer-Institute for Integrated Circuits IIS
Requisition Number: 1379033 Application Deadline: none Location: Erlangen