The »Self-Learning Systems«** group** at Fraunhofer IIS is part of the »Precise Positioning and Analytics« departmentin Nuremberg. Our team members have diverse academic backgrounds likecomputer science, engineering and physics. One of our research goals is to provide robust and safe algorithmic solutions for control and decision-making tasks in complex dynamic environments. To this end, we employ a range of approaches from machine learning and deep learning in combination with reinforcement-learning techniques.
»Quantum Machine Learning« is an emerging research field at the cross - section of artificial intelligence and quantum computation. Spurred by recent experimental claims of so-called quantum advantage or utility, the research community has increased its efforts to propose new types of quantum algorithms for the still imperfect quantum computing devices we have today. At the »Self-Learning Systems« group, we want to explore the overlap of quantum computing and machine learning.
Would you like to expand your knowledge and programming skills at the intersection of quantum computing and machine learning? Then have a look at our offer!
What you will do
• You work on topics related to quantum machine learning, with a focus on quantum reinforcement learning
• You develop an understanding of the current state of the art
• You research on interesting and relevant scientific questions within our projects
• You implement developed algorithms and execute experiments
• You support us with the dissemination and publication of the results
What you bring to the table
• You are currently enrolled in a physics, mathematics, computer science or similar program
• You have experience with and are interested in quantum computing and (deep) reinforcement learning
• You are familiar with python programming and frameworks like PyTorch or TensorFlow (Keras)
• You have already worked with “quantum-libraries” like Qiskit, PennyLane or Circ
• You speak English fluently
What you can expect
• Flexible working hours
• Open and friendly team work
• Varied tasks with room for creativity
• Exciting seminars and events
• Networking with scientists
• Active contribution in applied research
• Interesting and innovative projects
Weekly working hours are determined by agreement. You can start from now on (as a student assistant from 10 to 20 hours a week). You can reduce your hours before exams and increase them during semester breaks. You can flexibly determine the working days. The position is hybrid and requires monthly presence at our offices in Nuremberg (Nordostpark 84).
We value and promote the diversity of our employees’ skills and therefore welcome all applications – regardless of age, gender, nationality, ethnic and social origin, religion, ideology, disability, sexual orientation and identity.
Apply online now (PDF: cover letter, CV, transcripts). We look forward to getting to know you!
Fraunhofer-Institute for Integrated Circuits IIS
Requisition Number:1359312 Application Deadline: none Location: Nuremberg