The Fraunhofer-Gesellschaft (www.fraunhofer.de) currently operates 76 institutes and research facilities in Germany and is the world’s leading organization for application-oriented research. Around 30,000 employees work on the annual research volume of 2.9 billion euros.
Fraunhofer IIS has become known worldwide for its significant involvement in the development of audio coding methods such as mp3 and AAC. Fraunhofer IIS audio technologies have already been licensed by over 1000 companies and are used in more than seven billion devices. With our contribution to the standardization and delivery of MPEG-H 3D Audio for the next generation television system and our contribution to xHE-AAC, we have once again proven that we are at the forefront of innovation. Our Audio department in Erlangen is working on audio signal processing.
Are you interested in professional Audio and broadcasting systems, digital audio signal processing, or psychoacoustics and are you also interested in programming?
Then look at our offer!
The Audio and Media Technologies Department is looking for support in the implementation and testing of software libraries and applications across the full range of our technologies and fields of activity.
What you will do
• What exactly you do depends on what you are capable of and what you want to be capable of
• You support the implementation of software libraries
• You take over tasks in the development of GUI applications
• You test software in a structured way and extend existing test systems
What you bring to the table
• You are studying computer science, information technology or something similar
• You are interested in programming and have knowledge in one or more (script) languages (C, C++, Python,
Matlab, bash, …)
• Optional: You have experience with version management under git or svn
• Optional: You have experience with Gitlab CI
• Optional: You have experience with Qt or similar frameworks
• Optional: You had first contact with DAWs or AV editing programs
• Optional: You have basic knowledge of machine learning and AI
What you can expect
• Flexible working hours
• Open and friendly team work
• Varied tasks with room for creativity
• Exciting seminars and events
• Networking with scientists
• Active contribution in applied research
• Interesting an innovative projects
Weekly working hours are determined by agreement. You can start from now on (as a student assistant from 8 to 20 hours a week or as an intern for a period of at least three months). You can reduce your hours before exams and increase them during semester breaks. You can flexibly determine the working days.
After your studies, you have the option of working with us full or part time. We value and promote the diversity of our employees’ skills and therefore welcome all applications - regardless of age, gender, nationality, ethnic and social origin, religion, ideology, disability, sexual orientation and identity.
Interested? Apply online now (PDF: cover letter, CV, transcripts). We look forward to getting to know you!
Fraunhofer-Institute for Integrated Circuits IIS Fraunhofer IIS (EN)
Requisition Number: 1322641 Application Deadline: none Location: Erlangen