Week 02 Homework

Disclaimer: Dieser Thread wurde aus dem alten Forum importiert. Daher werden eventuell nicht alle Formatierungen richtig angezeigt. Der ursprüngliche Thread beginnt im zweiten Post dieses Threads.

Week 02 Homework
Greetings all,
I am a bit confused about our homework. We have to review 5 summaries from last homework and rate the reviews we got correct? But the slides also say to prepare for class the required summaries. We have to make those summaries as well right? And how do i review my colleagues summaries? I joined the week 04 homework on crowdgrader but i cant find what summaries i am supposed to review.

Thank you very much for the attention!
Enris Nogare von Tein

And our new summaries should also be confined to 1 page max? I mean they are pretty big papers, not entirely sure a one page summary will do anything.

Hello Enris,

I refer you to the slide deck Course Schedule, available on Studon.

First, determine the next due date (class date). It is Nov 11. Find the course week number next to it which is 4.

Go to the slide listing the homework due for that date. It is appended below.

1. First job is to rate prior week’s reviews (if any). For this, login to Crowdgrader (CG), choose the assignment for that week (week 2), review the feedback you got, and give it a thumbs up or down on whether you found it helpful.

2. Next review prior week’s summaries. As you noted, download five summaries from CG (week 3) and review them appropriately. The review should be based on what you learned in class. It should be short an sweet, the course slides for further instructions.

Rating and reviewing are due by Fri midnight, i.e. in a few hours.

1. Then prepare summaries of the new upcoming reading work by class next week. Use the instructions as given in class and/or watch the video on how to summarize. If you need more than a page you are doing something wrong—probably didn’t follow our summary instructions.

2. Also read the additional material not requiring summarizing to be prepared for class.

Enjoy a fabulous class and don’t be shy putting in the work!

Rate prior week’s reviews
Review prior week’s summaries

Prepare for class
Required summary
[WW02] Webster, J., & Watson, R. T. (2002). Analyzing the past to prepare for the future: Writing a literature review. MIS quarterly, 26(2), 3.
[SV02] Singer, J., & Vinson, N. (2002). Ethical issues in empirical studies of software engineering. IEEE Transactions on Software Engineering 28, 1171-1180.

Required reading
[M09a] MPG (2009). Rules for good scientific practice.
[E11] European Science Foundation (2011). The European Code of Conduct for Research Integrity.

Submit required summary
Name file lastname-firstname-cw04-homework.pdf

Ok now i understand!
In crowdgrader for the week 2 homework the reviewing deadline was last week so i couldn’t review the 5 summaries yesterday, i assumed that it was correct and i missed the deadline but if you said that i should be able submit them yesterday then maybe there is something incorrect on the crowdgrader assignment configuration, or could i have i submitted the reviews through other way?

Thank you for the attention!
Enris Nogare von Tein